RDC Easy Jambalaya in the Instant Pot
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup onion bell pepper, celery blend
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes no sodium - undrained
- 1/2 can Rotel No salt added diced tomatoes and green Chillies - undrained
- 1 1/2 cup homemade sodium free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Benson's Table Tasty salt substitute
- 1 1/4 cup long grain white rice
- 12 ounce boil chicken thighs deboned and separated in bite size pieces
Turn on Instant Pot to sauté setting,
1. add butter and oil
2. When hot, add Season Blend (Onions, Bell Pepper, and Celery) cook 3-5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook additional minute, stirring to prevent burning.
4. Add Creole seasoning and chili powder; stir well.
5. Add soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chicken broth, tomatoes and rice.
Place lid on Instant Pot, making sure vent is closed.
Turn to high on manual setting and set for 12 minutes.
When time is up, release steam and remove lid.
6. Add Chicken stir recover for about 10 minutes.
Stir and let sit about 5 minutes before serving.